We use cookies on this website, you can read about cookies and GDPR Privacy Policy here
📞+44 (0) 207․ 935․ 5171 ˗ Call us, for to get your corporate business firm regstry       
My account
Coddan CPM Ltd. – Company Registration Agent in the UK
Top Quality & Simple Company Formation Packages for British Professional Clients

U.K. Professional Clients

Best Value & Low-Priced Company Formation Packages for Private UK Based Clients

U.K. Private Customers

Great Value & Low-Cost Company Formation Packages for International Clients

International Clients

Company Formation Secretarial Agent & Legal Secretary Services

Secretarial Compliance

Doing Business in the UK and VAT Registration Requirements

The cheapest way to start a new company registration
#4. Doing Business in the UK and VAT Registration Requirements

Are you doing business in the UK, or intend to start a business here?

If your real place of business is in the UK or you live here, you may need to register for the VAT, or you may be able to choose to register voluntarily, if you are doing any of the following kinds of business in the UK: -

Supplying goods or services within the United Kingdom: if your turnover of VAT taxable goods and services supplied within the UK for the previous 12 months is more than the current registration threshold of £85,000, or you expect it to go over that figure in the next 30 days alone, you must register for VAT. However, if your turnover has gone over the registration threshold temporarily then you may be able to apply for exception from registration - see the section later in this guide for more information.

Taking over a VAT-registered business from someone else: you have to add your own VAT taxable turnover over the last 12 months (if any) to that of the business you're taking over. If the total goes over the registration threshold on the day of the takeover (currently £85,000), you'll have to register.

Receiving goods from other countries in the European Union (EU): if you have received goods from other EU countries in the UK (these are known as acquisitions) with a total value greater than £85,000 in the current year since 1 January, or you expect to acquire more than that value in the next 30 days alone, you must register for VAT.

When Can I Register Voluntarily as an NETP?

When Can I Register Voluntarily as an NETP?

An NETP is any person who is not normally resident in the UK, does not have a establishment and, in the case of a company, is not incorporated here. You may be entitled to register in the voluntarily and claim back any VAT you have been charged here if you intend to make taxable supplies here more than 30 days in the future. Contact us to see how we can assist you, or click here to read more...