We use cookies on this website, you can read about cookies and GDPR Privacy Policy here
Dear Clients,
Please find below information about our opening times during the Christmas period.
During the festive period, our offices we will be closed from 2pm on Monday (24.12) till 9:30am on Monday (31.12) when we will re-open. We will be also closed on Tuesday (1.01) for the UK bank holiday. Within this time, there will be no over-the-phone or LiveChat support. Orders for company registration will be processed on the 27th and the 28th, on these days there will also be limited email support. Our office re-opens for business as usual from Wednesday (2.01.2019) Please accept our best wishes of peace and love, health and prosperity.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
From the Coddan team.
We offer popupar and secure payment methods
Coddan CPM Ltd. – Company Registration Agent in the UK
Home Limited Companies Opening a Branch Office or Representative Office Running Branch Office or Legal Establishment - Accounts and Reports

Running Branch Office or Legal Establishment - Accounts and Reports

Running the UK branch office or a legal establishment - accounts and reports

Start-Up a Branch Office

Running the UK branch office or a legal establishment - accounts and reports: if you're running a UK branch office for an overseas company, you may be aware that HMRC requires certain reports to be submitted with regards to the assessment of corporation tax. The requirements may seem unduly complicated if you are not fully conversant with accounting and reporting systems for tax purposes, so here at Coddan Ltd. we try to ensure you have all the relevant information in a format that is as easy to understand as possible.

Reporting and accounting obligations for UK branches: the obligations fall to both parties - the overseas parent company, and the UK branch. HMRC may request the company accounts of the parent company. The information actually required is the same data as supplied to the Registrar at Companies House.

1. Where the company is required by its own country to supply audited accounts, it should supply a copy of these to HMRC, along with a copy of the auditors' and directors' reports.

2. If the country in which the parent company is based requires only a modified version of accounts, the company can supply HMRC with these instead.

3. If the parent company's country does not require the preparation of accounts, the company must still prepare and submit audited accounts as if it had been incorporated under the UK Companies Act.

HMRC also requires the accounts of the UK branch, covering all trading, profit, and losses for the period of time to which the return is related. The UK branch must also supply its own balance sheet, if this has been prepared.

These items may seem very complicated, and here at Coddan Ltd we understand that many business owners and managers are experts in what they do, but are not necessarily experienced in producing reports and the correct accounting features for tax purposes. This is why our post-formation services can include help with management and administration of your UK branch, so if your company needs a bookkeeper or accountant to assist with the provision of such reports.

Our well-established corporate team has all the relevant expertise to ensure that you are able to easily comply with HMRC regulations. If you have any questions or queries at all, you should call our team on +44(0) 207 935 5171 (landline) or 0330 808 0089.