VAT registration & returns
Company start-up from £24.99,
with annual accounts (extra charge applies)
Company secretarial services
9.30 am – 6.00 pm GMT
About the dormant LLP creation package
In any given period, a partnership is dormant if it does not carry out any accounting transactions, disregarding the following: -
1. The payment for membership issued on formation of the LLP;
2. The fee paid to Companies House to change the partnership's name;
3. The fee paid to Companies House on filing a confirmation statement;
4. The payment of a civil penalty for late filing of accounts.
Dormant partnerships must file the dormant accounts with Companies House and Inland Revenue. If a partnership commences trading or carries out any transaction (other than those listed above) then it will cease to be dormant and normal accounts will have to be filed.
Who is this package for?
Our dormant LLP formation package is ideal for those, who will use a dormant entity for the following purpose(s): -
1. To protect a business name, or to be the owner of the domain name(s);
2. To own an asset such as land or intellectual property;
3. To hold shares of other companies' (including business entities registered in other countries);
4. To use an entity as the management entity (property or business management purpose);
5. To use a dormant entity as the corporate director, shareholder, or as the secretary in other companies.
If your new partnership is not yet active - in other words, it is not yet carrying on business activity or trading - you will need to tell HMRC when it does become active.
Our dormant partnership set-up package ensures you meet the statutory obligations as a member of the dormant partnership with the tax authorities and all governing bodies.
What services do you get?
Our services include: -
1. The registration of a partnership (including the government fee for the incorporation).
2. The provision of the registered office address in Liverpool.
3. The initial registration of your entity as a dormant with the HMRC.
4. The provision of the tax agent with the HMRC.
5. The government mail forwarding to your own address.
6. The keeping your registers at the registered office address.
7. The preparation of the confirmation statement and year-end dormant account and its submission with the Companies Registrar and Inland Revenue (Tax Office).
Coddan offers the fixed fee for the dormant account package to LLPs. Our professional accountants will take care of your dormant account preparation and filing with the HMRC (Tax Office) for you. We will create the minutes of the members' meetings required to approve the dormant account.
With this package, we will also file a confirmation statement for behalf of your partnership on time, and register it with the Companies House. At the end of the financial year, we will also prepare and file the dormant account with the Companies House and the Inland Revenue (HMRC) for the next year.
We will also provide you an exclusive certificate of the dormant status of your partnership. Your certificate will be printed in an elegant format, sealed, and laminated, this document fully compliance with the Companies Act 2006 and Finance Act 2008.
Please be reminded that failed to file your dormant account by the deadline given by Companies House, your entity must pay late filing penalty of £150.00 for a day late, £375.00 if it is three months late and up to £1,500 if more than six months late.
What documents will you get from us?
The following documents will be sending via e-mail to you upon formation of your limited liability partnership: -
1. The certificate of incorporation;
2. The partnership agreement;
3. The first meeting of the board of members;
4. The membership certificate(s) and your registers;
5. An agreement in between us and your organisation for the preparation of the confirmation statement and the dormant accounts, & the indemnity letter;
6. The certificate of incumbency;
8. The certificate of non-trading (at the end of the year).
P.S. In the case if you will need to have more documents or more copies of your corporate documents from us, you can order them at a later stage.