U.K. Professional Clients
U.K. Private Customers
Quick company formations
This package is cheap and cost effective way to start a business, and includes the provision of the registered office address in North of Ireland, plus the secretarial service for the duration of one year.
This package is particularly attractive to any aspiring entrepreneur starting up a company for the first time, who has clear understanding of the mandatory responsibilities that accompanies owning a business. This is our the most popular companies formation packages for such customers who run their business from home, and who are looking to have a prestigious office address in Belfast.
The following documents will be posted by Royal Mail first class to your door upon the formation of your company limited by shares: -
1. The laminated certificate of incorporation printed on a special class of the ivory paper;
2. The elegant printed certificate of the registered office address.
With this package we will also provide the following services: -
1. The provision of the registered office address in Belfast;
2. The government mail forwarding or scanning with forwarding to your e-mail;
3. Monitoring changes in share ownership of the company;
4. Ensuring that the company files statutory information promptly;
5. Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action;
6. Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure that the company complies with all applicable codes as well as its legal and statutory requirements.
This incorporation package does not include the provision and appointment of the nominee secretary, but we will take care about your company maintenance as it was described above.
When you register a trademark in the UK the process is completed through the Patent Office, giving the registrant far wider protection and making any infringement much easier to deal with.
There are two stages involved in the process - a formal trademark search and the full trademark application. The formal search will investigate further to ascertain if there are any existing identical or similar trademarks registered in the same or similar Class of goods/services or whether there is any reason why the trademark might be unacceptable under the terms of the Trademarks Act 1994 Section 3.
The application stage generally takes around six months to complete. Once a trademark application has been accepted by the Patent Office, it will be advertised in the Trademarks Journal, which is published every Friday on the Patent Office web site.
The Journal advertisement will last for a period of three months, which allows any interested parties with justifiable cause to oppose the registration of a trademark.
Opposition is the legal procedure, which allows anyone to try to stop the registration of a trademark. They may only do this by filing the appropriate documents with the Patent Office.
The government fee for the trademark registration is included in the price of this option.
The registration process includes the following: -
1. Trademark search conducted with the Patent Office, which takes approximately two to three weeks;
2. Application to register a trademark with the Patent Office in one class. Additional classes are charged at £100.00 per class (the government fee for an additional class is included in the price of this option);
3. The application can take approximately 5 months if no objections are raised;
4. Forwarding of a Trademark Certificate upon registration;
5. Ten years registration upon successful application.
We will ensure that you are kept informed of the status of your trademark application during the process.
Stage 1 - filing the trademark application. To file a UK trademark application in one class we charge a fixed fee of £350.00. Of this, our legal charges for preparing and filing the application are just £150.00. The official filing fee is £200.00.
For each additional class we charge a fixed fee of £100.00. Of this, our legal charges are £50.00 and the official fee is £50.00. It is possible to file a fast-track application which will be examined within 10 business days after filing for an additional £300.00 cost.
Stage 2 - the prosecution. After filing your application, we charge on a time and materials basis for the work we undertake through to the registration of the mark. Our charges will depend upon how straightforward the application is and whether it receives any objections. This is not something we can predict with absolute certainty, although we do aim to warn you if your application is likely to be problematic. There are a wide variety of objections that can be raised by an examiner including that your trademark is descriptive and not distinctive e.g. the trademark SHOES for a 'shoe store'.
In the event of an objection, we would need to respond to the examiner. Responding to objections may include presenting evidence of use, engaging in correspondence and/or attending a hearing with the examiner. A third party may oppose your trademark application on a number of grounds including that it is identical or similar to their trademark and that there exists a likelihood of confusion between your proposed trademark and their registered trademark.
In the event of an opposition, we will advise you of your additional legal charges and expenses before proceeding on your behalf. Note that most but not all trademark applications are straightforward and go through without significant objection or opposition.
The total costs of filing an application to register a trademark or/and logo: you are looking at an estimated total cost of £600.00 if the application proves straightforward & is registered in one class only.